Second hand Antique Furniture
Partly due to programs like the antiques roadshow and the multitude of car boot sales many people enjoy the past time of collecting antiques, and there no better way of combining a hobby and your home decor than collecting antique furniture.
You obviously cannot buy antiques new (duh) hence the second hand antique market is a rapidly expanding retail trade.
Antique furniture is one of the few things that gains in value as it gets older, provided you look after it, antiques can be a worthy investment and a legacy to hand down generations.
Like with many goods a second hand Antique Furniture can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Antique Furniture Buying Tips
- Large Antique Furniture can dominate a room, make sure you buy furniture of an appropriate size for the room
- If the second hand Antique Furniture is for the same room try to get matching styles and shades
- Antique Furniture should be functional as well as ornate, so just because something looks pretty make sure it is up to the job
- If the Antique Furniture is for an upstairs room ensure that the floor is string enough for heavier pieces
- If the Antique Furniture is very old ask for proof of age and manufacturer.
- If re-varnishing, test first on small area that is not easily visible
Antique Furniture Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Only 2 years old, this Antique Furniture is a real bargain
Nearly new Antique Furniture
Hardly used, emmaculate condition, very reasonable price
Due to house move need to sell quickly, hence very cheap
second hand Antique Furniture for sale
Very good condition and rarely used
Related Pages: Office Furniture
- Bedroom Furniture
- Dining Room Furniture
- Garden Furniture
- Living Room Furniture
- Nathan Furniture
- Teak Furniture
- Patio Furniture
- Ashley Furniture