Second hand Laptop
, Sony Viao
It is difficult (if not impossible) to upgrade a laptop so when people require a new one they often sell the old one off and buy a fresh.
This means that there are many second hand laptops available that may only be a year old. They may not be as fast as newer models but will still successfully run the majority of applications.
Like with many goods a second hand Laptop can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Laptop Buying Tips
- If the machine still has some warranty make sure the it allows ownship to be transfered
- When buying a second hand Laptop make sure that all supplied software (including the operating system) is legally licensed
- If the BIOS is password protected you need to get the password off the seller
- Ensure you get all manuals and the original discs and licenses that came with the Laptop
- When buying a secondhand Laptop at auction, don't get carried away and bid over the new price
- If it comes with a TFT check it for dead pixels
- If you are going to take your Laptop with you when travelling try to get a carry case included in the price
Laptop Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your Notebook up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Very Old Laptop
Runs Windows 98 but fine for browsing the web
Laptop for Sale
Only 6 months old hardly used, comes complete with XP professional
1 Year old Laptop
Fast machine, 1 GB memory, large hard disc
Great Value Laptop
17 inch screen, CDRW, 2.4 GHZ Processor
Related Pages: Apple Mac
- Media Center (MCE)
- Dell Dimension
- Computer Games