Second hand Motorhome
When buying a motorhome new or second hand, take your time visit the many shows as you can and dealerships, decide what you will be doing while away in the van. Do you want to make the bed every night, or a permanent bed maybe two singles.
Also consider the payload. check the tyres for cracked walls not many vans wear the tyres out, the tyres should be changed every four years, there not cheap £80 to £140 each.
If you buy private check the service history, all vans should have a electrical and gas check every 3 years by a qualified person. If your unsure hire a motorhome for a week to see how you feel.
Also check that your licence will allow you to drive some of the larger motorhomes.
Like with many goods a second hand Motorhome can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Motorhome Buying Tips
- Ensure the Motorhome is supplied with the wheel nut key.
- Barter with the seller to see what extras they might be prepared to offer, such as a full tank of fuel, additional vehicle tax, a full valet before collection, etc.
- Check for chips and cracks in the windscreen. If there are any, the windscreen will need replacing urgently. This could offer you some leverage in the negotiations.
- If the Motorhome has an immobiliser fitted, ensure you get the correct code/key.
- Ensure you complete the buyer section of the vehicle registration document and forward this as soon as possible after purchasing your Motorhome.
- Check there's a spare tyre for the vehicle (usually in the boot/trunk) and ensure this is in a safe condition.
Motorhome Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
Motorhome For Sale
Sunburst red requires minor work to bring back to top condition
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Secondhand Motorhome for Sale
One owner from new this Motorhome has been lovingly looked after
Related Pages: Scooter
- Motor Bike
- Alloy Wheels
- Quad Bike
- Trailer Tent