Second hand Caravan
More of a second home than a mode of transport but as it has wheels we'll class a caravan as a vehicle.
Both towable and static caravans can be and are expensive but the investment is often worth it due to the pleasure and money saved that caravan holidays can generate (time and time again).
To save money in the initial purchase it is certainly worth investigating the second hand caravan market, they do not depreciate in value as quickly as cars but they are still substanially cheaper than a new one.
Like with many goods a second hand Caravan can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Caravan Buying Tips
- If the Caravan has a coded stereo system, ensure you get the correct code.
- If the Caravan has an immobiliser fitted, ensure you get the correct code/key.
- When checking over the Caravan, look underneath and see if there are any leaks. Oil leaks will be fairly obvious if there's staining on the ground where the vehicle's parked.
- Most vehicles should have 2 sets of keys; make sure you get both sets.
- Ensure the Caravan is supplied with the wheel nut key.
- Check the current book price for Caravan to see if the price is a fair reflection of its age/condition.
- If you are buying from an auction (both online and offline), do you research, set your budget and stick to it
- Don't be afraid or embarrassed asking the seller any questions, it's better to ask a stupid question than end up with a bad purchase.
Caravan Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Nearly New Caravan
Superb condition inside and out, first to see will buy
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
Secondhand Caravan for Sale
One owner from new this Caravan has been lovingly looked after
Related Pages: Motorhome
- Motor Bike
- Alloy Wheels
- Quad Bike
- Trailer Tent