Second hand Bicycle
The form of transport with the cheapest running costs has got to be the bicycle. Not only is it free of any running costs peddle power is also an excellent form of exercise.
Child grow at an alarming rate which means the bicycle you bought them for Christmas may be too small by the summer, you can help recoup some of the money by selling the used cycle and putting the money received towards buying a bigger second hand bicycle. Who said bikes had to be expensive.
Like with many goods a second hand Bicycle can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Bicycle Buying Tips
- Barter with the seller to see what extras they might be prepared to offer, such as a full tank of fuel, additional vehicle tax, a full valet before collection, etc.
- Wherever possible, take the vehicle for a short test drive to see how it handles and if there are any problems with steering, brakes, etc.
- Check that the tread on the tyres is safe. If the tread is worn down to below a safe level, you will need to replace them. Ask the seller if they are prepared to reduce the price to reflect this, or whether they will replace the tyres themselves before
- If the vehicle has been involved in any accidents, check that all repairs have been completed to a good standard.
- Don't be afraid or embarrassed asking the seller any questions, it's better to ask a stupid question than end up with a bad purchase.
Bicycle Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Secondhand Bicycle for Sale
One owner from new this Bicycle has been lovingly looked after
Bicycle For Sale
Sunburst red requires minor work to bring back to top condition
Nearly New Bicycle
Superb condition inside and out, first to see will buy
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Related Pages: Motorhome
- Motor Bike
- Alloy Wheels
- Quad Bike
- Trailer Tent