Second hand Alloy Wheels
One way to improve the appearance of a used car is by replacing the existing wheels with alloy wheels.
When buying a new car alloy wheels are often a chargable extra, but by buying a set of second hand alloy wheels you can give your older car a newer look without having to spend thousands of pounds. If you give the car a good polish it may almost look like new.
Ideally buy a set of 5 wheels so that if you have to use the spare your car won't look odd having just 3 alloy wheels on show.
Like with many goods a second hand Alloy Wheels can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Alloy Wheels Buying Tips
- Check that the tread on the tyres is safe. If the tread is worn down to below a safe level, you will need to replace them. Ask the seller if they are prepared to reduce the price to reflect this, or whether they will replace the tyres themselves before
- Barter with the seller to see what extras they might be prepared to offer, such as a full tank of fuel, additional vehicle tax, a full valet before collection, etc.
- Ensure the Alloy Wheels is supplied with the wheel nut key.
- Find out the reason for the sale
- Don't be afraid or embarrassed asking the seller any questions, it's better to ask a stupid question than end up with a bad purchase.
Alloy Wheels Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Scrap Alloy Wheels
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Nearly New Alloy Wheels
Superb condition inside and out, first to see will buy
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
Secondhand Alloy Wheels for Sale
One owner from new this Alloy Wheels has been lovingly looked after
Related Pages: Motorhome
- Motor Bike
- Quad Bike
- Trailer Tent