Second hand Rover
Rover have had a bit of a turulent time recently with factories in England being forced to close and the Rover company going into administration.
They still made some good cars in their time with examples being the Rover 25, 45, 78 and Rover 400 range.
In the near future you may only be able to buy a britsh made Rover second hand so if you want a piece of English motoring history now may be the time to get it.
Like with many goods a second hand Rover can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Rover Buying Tips
- With a convertible Rover ensure that the roof does not leak
- If the Rover has air bags fitted, find out if these have been serviced to ensure they are still operational.
- Check the wheel arches and the bottom of doors for signs of rust (bubbles under the paintwork) especially on older cars
- Check for chips and cracks in the windscreen. If there are any, the windscreen will need replacing urgently. This could offer you some leverage in the negotiations.
- Ensure you complete the buyer section of the vehicle registration document and forward this as soon as possible after purchasing your Rover.
- Check there's a spare tyre for the vehicle (usually in the boot/trunk) and ensure this is in a safe condition.
Rover Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Secondhand Rover for Sale
One owner from new this Rover has been lovingly looked after
Rover For Sale
Sunburst red requires minor work to bring back to top condition
Related Pages: BMW
- Land Rover
- Smart Car
- Mountain Bike
Official Site: Rover