Second hand Porsche
Porsches are generally seen as an older man's mid-life crisis car. Most people who own either a Porsche 911 or Carerra seem to be men in their 40's who couldn't afford a sports car when they were in their 20's. So by getting a Porche, they're realising the dreams of their youth.
However, if you're fortunate enough to have the means to buy a Porche (and you're young enough!), then have a look at some second hand Porsches below.
Like with many goods a second hand Porsche can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Porsche Buying Tips
- Negotiate with the seller to see if they'll throw in a few "extras", like a full tank of fuel, seat covers, spare wiper blades, etc.
- Find out how much it will cost to service Porsche's and where these can be done.
- Get some insurance quotes in for Porsche's.
- Where possible, try to take the Porsche on a test drive to see how it handles and if you are comfortable with it.
- Many motoring organisations offer a vehicle check service. Where possible it might be an idea if you get an independent engineer to check the Porsche's condition. Prices vary, so shop around.
- If a vehicle has been looked after by the seller, they should be able to provide you with a FSH (full service history).
- Check that the car will not need any immediate work, an easy check that any non mechanically minded buyer can do is that of of the checking the depth of the tread on all tyres (inluding the spare), replacing 5 tyres can be very expensive
Porsche Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Porsche For Sale
Sunburst red requires minor work to bring back to top condition
Nearly New Porsche
Superb condition inside and out, first to see will buy
Related Pages: BMW
- Land Rover
- Smart Car
- Mountain Bike
Official Site: Porsche