Second hand Ford
Ford are one of the biggest manufacturers or cars and as such there are plenty of second hand ford cars on the market today.
Many people's first car will be a useed Ford Escort, Fiesta or Ford Mondeo. As the cars quite common it means they are very easy to get spares for.
As always be warey of ex company cars (which Mondeos were very popular at one time) as they could have been over used and abused.
Like with many goods a second hand Ford can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Ford Buying Tips
- Check the chassis number matches that on the engine and registration document
- If the Ford has air bags fitted, find out if these have been serviced to ensure they are still operational.
- Check the current book price for Ford to see if the price is a fair reflection of its age/condition.
- Check that the tread on the tyres is safe. If the tread is worn down to below a safe level, you will need to replace them. Ask the seller if they are prepared to reduce the price to reflect this, or whether they will replace the tyres themselves before
- Wherever possible, take the vehicle for a short test drive to see how it handles and if there are any problems with steering, brakes, etc.
- Check that the car will not need any immediate work, an easy check that any non mechanically minded buyer can do is that of of the checking the depth of the tread on all tyres (inluding the spare), replacing 5 tyres can be very expensive
Ford Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
Nearly New Ford
Superb condition inside and out, first to see will buy
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Ford For Sale
Sunburst red requires minor work to bring back to top condition
Related Pages: BMW
- Land Rover
- Smart Car
- Mountain Bike
Official Site: Ford