Second hand BMW
, BMW Z4
, BMW M3
Second hand BMW cars can be a worthy investment, many will have been lovingly looked after by their previous owners.
High mileage shouldn't put you off (provided it's reflected in the price) but watch out for ex-company cars as they may have been loved a bit too much.
BMW specialise in prestige cars but as with any car manufacture they have their fair share less than perfect models, so do your research first.
Like with many goods a second hand BMW can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
BMW Buying Tips
- Don't be afraid or embarrassed asking the seller any questions, it's better to ask a stupid question than end up with a bad purchase.
- Find out the reason for the sale
- Get insurance quotes from multiple organisations before even looking at or bidding on a BMW, if you can't afford the insurance you can't afford the BMW.
- If you are buying from an auction (both online and offline), do you research, set your budget and stick to it
- Try to find a BMW with a FSH (Full Service History)
- Check that the car will not need any immediate work, an easy check that any non mechanically minded buyer can do is that of of the checking the depth of the tread on all tyres (inluding the spare), replacing 5 tyres can be very expensive
BMW Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your BMW up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
BMW For Sale
Sunburst red requires minor work to bring back to top condition
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Secondhand BMW for Sale
One owner from new this BMW has been lovingly looked after
Related Pages: Audi
- Land Rover
- Smart Car
- Mountain Bike
Official Site: BMW