Second hand Land Rover
Land Rover are probably the most well known manufacturer of 4x4 vehicles with their most popular model being the Range Rover as new prices start from 45 thousand pounds it will come as no surprise that many people in the UK don't buy them from new.
Whether you want a Range Rover Sport or Discovery getting a second hand land rover will be the cheapest way. Like many other expensive makes they do hold their value some what and are slow to depreciate, so getting a 2 year old Land Rover could be a sound investment though it will never gain in value.
Like with many goods a second hand Land Rover can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Land Rover Buying Tips
- Check that the car will not need any immediate work, an easy check that any non mechanically minded buyer can do is that of of the checking the depth of the tread on all tyres (inluding the spare), replacing 5 tyres can be very expensive
- Check there's a spare tyre for the vehicle (usually in the boot/trunk) and ensure this is in a safe condition.
- Check for chips and cracks in the windscreen. If there are any, the windscreen will need replacing urgently. This could offer you some leverage in the negotiations.
- If the Land Rover has air bags fitted, find out if these have been serviced to ensure they are still operational.
- Find out where your nearest servicing centre is for Land Rover.
- Check what motor oil and fuel the Land Rover uses.
Land Rover Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Nearly New Land Rover
Superb condition inside and out, first to see will buy
Metallic silver, excellent condition throughout
Land Rover For Sale
Sunburst red requires minor work to bring back to top condition
Scrap Land Rover
Only good for spares and repairs, once loved now neglected
Related Pages: BMW
- Smart Car
- Mountain Bike
Official Site: Land Rover